User generated content is arguably a marketing strategy you should implement.
- It provides authenticity. 90% of consumers
feel that authenticity is important when determining which brands to support. Social media users see ads in their feed on a daily basis. Consumers are more likely to recognize ads featuring their favorite influencers, and it integrates more seamlessly into a consumers life.
- It offers a low production cost. UGC is produced by consumers for consumers, costing around ten times less than standard video production. For brands with lower marketing budgets, user generated content delivers quality content within your means.
- It offers creativity. By using influencers you're allowing creative people to be hands on with your brand. Many creators are great at thinking outside the box, providing an innovative approach of showcasing your products or services. You can even provide a brief to several different creators, so you have a mixed selection of creatives to choose from.
- It enhances trust. 81% of consumers
trust the advice of friends or family over a business. For brands, using familiar faces like creators is an effective way to increase the trust factor with their audience as they act as testimonials for your products or services.
- It increases engagement. A mix of user generated content and brand content improves engagement rates by 28%
. That statistic isn't so surprising when you consider that 56% of consumers
prefer to view UGC images and video.
- It powers conversions. Did you know that user generated images are 5 times more likely
to lead to conversions than brand images? And, if you feature UGC on your website, you can expect a boost of 29%
While these impressive statistics may encourage you to start incorporating user generated content in your marketing campaigns, you're probably wondering how exactly you can use UGC, and how to work with creators on a brand campaign.
Luckily, it's fairly straightforward. Let's take a look