Negative and positive comments, as well as the opinion of someone who people trust, affect their decision a lot. For example, according to a recent study, more than 90% of millennials between the ages of 14-18 watch product reviews on YouTube. So one of the best ways to draw attention to your product is to get it reviewed by bloggers and influencers. People trust personal experiences more than they trust brands and they want to try before they buy. What's really great about YouTube is that it has a channel about literally everything – no matter how niche it is. That’s what makes YouTube a perfect medium for advertising many products.
Why choose influencers on YouTube?
That’s easy. The right influencers are the trusted source of information for your audience and have the social proof you need. Giving bloggers who have an influence in your niche a product or a service to review can bring you new customers and make existing ones even more loyal. Video reviews seem the best option to tell about the advantages and disadvantages of the product. People can actually see the product in use – whether it's a new phone, a make-up palette, a food delivery service, or even a car.
How to find the right YouTubers and do I need to pay YouTubers to review the product?
The format of review assumes that in most cases you don’t have to pay the creator, as he or she gets your product for free. You can find creators manually by sweeping through the YouTube search: find content or people related to your product, make a selection of bloggers you think fit the best for you (don’t forget to measure their performance – the number of followers, views, likes, and comments) and establish contact with them. This takes a lot of time and effort and will not necessarily be successful in the end.
We know the easier way to get YouTubers on your side: try Insense! Our algorithm allows you to find verified YouTubers all over the world. To find your perfect match use our search filters – location, age, gender, hashtags, etc. Then you just need to collect responses, chat with bloggers right within the app, tell them about your ideas, and get your review! With Insense the process of making a review on your product will be easy and fast.
What types of content YouTuber can create using your product?
There are several ways to promote your goods via YouTube videos. Let’s check them out:
- Reviews. It’s pretty simple: you provide your stuff to the YouTubers for free, they try it and then make a video review about it. The goal of the review is to reveal full information about your product: what it is, what it does, the influencers’ experience with it, and their honest opinion about it.
- Gifting and unboxing. In this case, you provide your product to bloggers for free and they make an unboxing video or try and use it in the video. The unboxing video reveals the first and true impression of your product.
- Competitions. YouTubers host the competition among their followers and give your product as the prize.
- Giveaways. While hosting a giveaway, YouTubers give your product to randomly chosen followers.
What are the most popular niche for video review?
As we said before, you can make video reviews literally about anything, but there are few niches where reviews are very popular. One of them is beauty. Actually, YouTube is the number one digital source for beauty content for U.S. beauty consumers. The top 5 most frequent types of beauty video reviews on YouTube are the unboxing video, the haul, what's in my bag video, get ready with me video, and makeup challenges. On Insense you can find dozens of talented creators in the beauty niche.
Tips for producing a video review
- Be clear with guidelines, but give freedom to YouTubers. Set the expectations and guidelines about the review but give the YouTubers a chance to create it in their own style and give their honest opinion – it will make the review genuine, authentic, and reliable.
- Make your campaign measurable. You have to track the success of the review so you can understand what you did wrong and right. You can do this with a help of Insense.
- Be ready for feedback. Since the video review is posted on YouTube, be ready for feedback in the comment section. But this is not something to be afraid of – use it as an opportunity to improve.