Content creation for any medium can seem effortless, yet it requires a lot of time and skill. Whether it’s creating the perfect Instagram image or writing an engaging tweet, creating content for social media needs effective planning, as well as the right tools.
So, what is a social media content creator, and what habits does a successful content creator possess? In this article, we’ll discuss the answers to these questions in addition to revealing the very best tools for a content creator for social media.
What is a social media content creator?
A social content creator is a person responsible for creating and uploading content to social media platforms. They may create this content for fun, or they may have a job as a professional content creator; otherwise known as an influencer.
A social media content creator can post on one or several platforms. Those who are regularly paid to post content often have a visible presence on several platforms. These include:
- Tik Tok
A content creator for social media may create and publish text, images, video, and audio. This may be used to engage, entertain, or inform an audience.
Habits of incredibly successful social media content creators
To be a successful social media content creator often takes time. Everyone starts with zero followers or subscribers, working their way up. Are there any habits that can make you a good content creator? Absolutely!
Let’s take a look at some habits you can develop to become an excellent social content creator:
Be consistent in your writing
Many social media content creators have their own blogs where they consistently write about their favorite topics. Owning a personal blog can also help you to gain more paid sponsorships from brands, in addition to creating your own products that you can eventually sell to your audience.
Understand your audience
Successful social content creators know exactly who they’re creating content for. Knowing who your audience is can help you to correctly monetize your content. What is their age? Where do they live? What gender are they? What is their occupation?
Get your own voice
You might not be the only social media content creator in your niche, but you do have a unique personality so don’t be afraid to showcase your own voice – it’ll help you stand out in the crowd.
As a social content creator, developing your own personal branding can create cohesion across multiple platforms. Additionally, it helps to position you on your personal values, helping you to stand out from other creators.
Share content from other creators that inspire you
Curate content to share with your audience when it makes sense to. Throwing out other people’s content isn’t effective if you don’t position yourself as an expert beforehand. Use other creators' content to reaffirm your thoughts or knowledge on a specific topic.
Understand your KPI’s
Don’t worry! This isn’t as technical as it sounds. KPI’s stands for key performance indicators – in other words, your social media metrics. This can include your engagement rate, number of viewers, conversion rates etc. Understanding your metrics helps you to determine how well your content is received, and if you can improve it.
Network with thought leaders in your niche to help establish your position as an expert within your industry. Even striking up a small conversation on social media can provide a great networking opportunity.
Deliver value to your audience
Your content should deliver one thing – value! Providing value to your audience keeps them coming back to your content. Whether you’re providing a solution to a problem or giving them more confidence, valuable content creates a loyal, and engaged, following.
The very best tools for any social content creator
As a content creator for social media, utilizing the very best tools helps to make your job that little bit easier. Here are some tools to consider:
Tools for Inspiration
- Pinterest – this search engine is packed with tutorials, DIY inspiration, beautiful images, recipes, and much more.
- Instagram – whether you’re interested in fashion, beauty, art, food, or something else, you’ll discover the hottest influencers on the planet to take inspiration from.
- TikTok – possibly the most talked about social platform of the year has video clips from all kinds of people sharing a wide range of content to inspire you.
- Spotify – sometimes music can be the perfect inspiration to get your content ideas flowing. Discover the newest artists and amazing playlists in all genres of music.
- Canva – if you’re looking for a free design tool, opt for Canva. While it does have paid features, you can easily create images for social media with a wide variety of templates.
- Adobe Spark – with this tool, you can easily make graphics and videos for your social platforms.
- Placeit's - Make Mockups, Logos, Videos and Designs in Seconds
- Illustrator – if you want to make illustrations or graphics, and you have some design knowledge, Adobe illustrator is a great tool.
- Desygner - If you want to remove background image quick and easy, and enhance photo image not only that create logos banners, and many more, in short all in one tool
- Figma – this cloud based design tool helps you to create design elements which can be used on social media.
Instagram Stories with animation
- Mojo – easily create animated stories with this app. You can choose from templates, add text, customize it, and share to your account.
- Storyluxe – there’s over 650 photo and video templates to try, filters, backdrops, and frames, to take your content to the next level.
- Story Art – this app has over 3000 templates and filters for your Instagram story content.
- Unfold – edit your stories by selecting from over 300 templates. Create collages, and much more.
Social media management
- Hootsuite – schedule content for several social platforms. Several plans offer a free 30-day trial so you can try the software before subscribing.
- Metricool – schedule content, analyze analytics, and organize your daily tasks from just one platform.
- Later – plan your Instagram content, discover hashtags to use, and publish content automatically.
- Dafont – download free fonts to use for your visual content.
- Google fonts – over 1000 fonts for your next social projects.
- Placeit's Logo maker - logo maker lets you quickly and easily create stunning logos in seconds
- Freepik – discover free vectors and icons to enhance your content.
- Flaticon – thousands of free icons which can be used for Instagram cover images, and more.
- Shutterstock – find illustrations, vectors, images and videos. This royalty-free content requires a paid plan. However, a free trial is available.
- Adobe color – create color themes by browsing thousands of combinations.
- Pexels – free stock images for commercial use. You can use these on Instagram, Pinterest images, Twitter photos, and more.
- Unsplash – Thousands of free, royalty-free images which can be used on social media.
Are you a social media content creator?
If you’re a social content creator with a highly engaged audience, consider joining a platform to work with some of the best brands in the world. Insense connects you to a curated marketplace, featuring some of the hottest leading brands. Get paid for your content by collaborating with them on ads, videos, high-quality images, and motion graphics. Send your request to join now.