We’re in unprecedented times right now, so it makes sense that many people want to support small businesses during this turbulent economic climate.
If you’re a brand trading in these tough times, you’re probably searching for ways to keep your costs as low as possible. Influencer marketing may be on your radar, but did you know that you don’t have to spend thousands of dollars on using influencers to promote your business?
In fact, you don’t even have to spend cash to work with influencers. Many influencers exchange content in return for products. This type of agreement works particularly well for creating unboxing videos, product reviews or product testing videos.
Regardless of whether you work with micro-influencers (those with less than 100,000 followers) or influencers with millions of followers, there are many benefits to working with them. So, how do you find influencers free of charge? Let’s find out.
Why use influencers?
First, let’s look at why your business should work with influencers. Here’s an example of an influencer brand campaign:
Influencer marketing helps:
- To increase revenue. In fact, for every $1 spent on influencer marketing, you can expect to receive on average $18 back in return.
- To enhance brand awareness
- To reach your target audience
- To increase your following on social media
- To build trust
- To gain social shares
- To get high-quality backlinks
Now you’re aware of the benefits of influencer marketing, let’s take a look at how to find influencers for your brand free of charge.
How to find influencers for free – getting started!
Before you start your influencer search, it’s a good idea to make a plan of action. What type of plan do you need? Begin by answering these questions:
- What are your marketing goals? Are you looking to increase brand awareness, engagement, conversions, or something else?
- What type of influencer campaign are you planning? Do you want influencers to review your product, create a video, run a giveaway, etc.
- Are you looking to work with micro-influencers or those with a larger following? Remember, those with a smaller audience may charge less, or be more willing to create content in exchange for a product or service.
- Do you understand how authoritative an influencer is? Will you consider their engagement rate, number of followers, content quality, or more?
- How are you going to track your results? This will relate to your overall marketing goal.
Once you’ve considered the answers to these questions it’s time to start searching for your influencers.
You can find influencers in your niche by searching your competitors, looking for niche-related hashtags, and by searching for those in your target audience – knowing who your ideal prospect is will help you to determine this.
Searching for influencers can be time-consuming. Want to know an easier way to find influencers for your brand free of charge? Use an online tool!
Find influencers for your brand free of charge using online tools
Online tools make it easy to find influencers free of charge in your sector. Whether you’re searching for a beauty influencer, or looking to work with someone who is influential in fashion, you’ll be able to search for a well-matched collaborator.
So, which online tools are the best? Here’s a rundown:
Insense helps you to find the right influencers for your brand. With the creator marketplace, you can search for influencers within your marketing budget and negotiate with them directly on a fee. You can also exchange content in return for products, which is perfect if you’re wanting to create product/service testing or review style content for your business.
Insense also acts as a ‘middleman’ so you can be confident that you’re going to receive the content you require. You don’t have to worry about an influencer taking payment and not fulfilling their end of the deal. Additionally, all influencers on the platform are vetted beforehand to ensure the highest quality.
Tubular is a platform that helps you to find YouTube influencers for your marketing campaigns. You can search influencers for free, and look at rankings for top performers.
Shoutcart offers a free influencer database, allowing you to search for collaborators using keywords. You can view follower count and Shoutcart score which is based on the level of influence they have.
Easily find influencers free of charge
Finding influencers free of charge is straightforward with our methods. Take your time to do your research and understand your marketing goals – once you know what type of campaign you want to produce you’ll be able to source influencers in your niche with ease.
If you’re searching for creators to work with, give Insense a try.